Thursday, July 14, 2005

Number twos ...

What'd I watch last night? JAWS

Yeah I've seen it a million times, but that WAR OF THE WORLDS has really got me goin,' and I wanted some more Spielberg. Some of the dialogue is so excellent. I love it when the Mayor says he "doesn't want that little Kintner boy spilling all over the dock." EW! I find it hard to believe this movie is rated PG. I mean, A LITTLE KID GETS EATEN. And a dog (offscreen). And a boat or two. And a Quint.

What'd I watch recently? DIRTY MARY, CRAZY LARRY and DANGER: DIABOLIK and RACE WITH THE DEVIL

Peter Fonda is such an ass in DMCL. Susan George is no picnic either, but Fonda is such a misogynistic jerkoff that he pretty much deserves her. In fact the whole cast is so hateful that when the apocalyptic ending comes, its really no tragedy. Still --- GREAT MOVIE! 1974!!!! Best year ever! RACE is also good. Plays kinda like ROSEMARY'S BABY meets THE ROAD WARRIOR. Fonda is less-of-an-ass in this one. I think he and Warren Oates may have been a bit drunk while shooting this. They both look kinda glassy. DIABOLIK is a gem. Another one I've seen a hundred times. Some of Morricone's best scoring. I think John Philip Law probably lost 20 pounds, having to wear that leather/vinyl catsuit the whole time.

Once I dressed up as BATMAN for a short film project. It was one of those BATMAN RETURNS costumes made of rubber, with the big-ass nipples and whatnot. GOOD GRAVY WAS IT HOT. I was sweating so profusely down my chest that the P.A. had to wipe me down before every take. Finally some gal came over and very quietly we cut up some maxi pads and glued them all under the mask and the cowl to absorb some the moisture. I smelled kinda like perfumy underpants.

So, think twice about dressing up as Batman, its not very fun. Although running around in a big cape is kindof a kick :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home